Our new website reflects the great feedback we received from you—our members—about what you wanted to see here.
More than 25% of our members responded—that is outstanding!!
Based on that feedback, here are three new features you will find:
- A new event calendar format! The summary listing for each race now also highlights the three most important features you said you are looking for in planning your race schedule! Behind the scenes, we have also automated the ability of race organizers and promoters to enter their event listing without WUCA staff involvement.
With just a click, you can find all of the details the organizers have provided to us! You can also see the races that have been selected by WUCA as national and regional championships!!
- An entirely new member forum available to our paid members! This has been an incredibly successful means to build online communities—its not fancy, but it works. You can ask questions, provide answers, and share your knowledge!
- Newly designed (and simplified) global annual competitions. Even with the prospects of organized racing in 2021 still uncertain, you will find its pretty easy to build up the miles and compete. Our annual competitions literally place you in competition with the entire ultracycling world! How cool is that?
So, in the spirit of full transparency, here are two screenshots showing the results:
You may be asking: “What did members list as ‘other’ variables in selecting a race? Well, here are the cool suggestions:
- Does the race require a crew?
- Does the race include 6 and 12 hour options for just getting started?
- How well supported is the race organization (safety, road condition, etc.)?
We listened! In response, the organizer event listing invites them to provide information on just those types of variables!
We also asked, “What one new feature or service would you like WUCA to deliver to our members?” Nearly every respondent (110+) took the time to offer their suggestions and, taken together, we now have an incredible “to do” list. What is so cool is how little the suggestions repeat themselves! Quite a few confirm this new website is responding to your wishes. In a new post, we will list some of the other ideas and look to get your feedback on them.
My personal favorite was the suggestion we create and sell WUCA facemasks! Nice idea, but we won’t be doing that one. But it’s a good reminder to all of us: Stay safe. Wear your masks when not on the bike. Care for the other human beings around you!!